Friday, January 20, 2012

...smiles!

A smile has a way of changing your perspective and I realized this again at 4am after having been up for almost an hour to take care of Levi. As I was holding him and trying to get him to go to sleep again I was talking to him and he smiled at me. Not a small, accidental smile but a big and purposeful smile. I smiled and he smiled again, and again. Those 3 big, genuine smiles were enough to make me forget that it was 4am and I was tired. Levi smiled! ... at me!

"Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." 
Mother Teresa

Smiles also make it easier to remember that everything, even middle of the night feedings, can be done with a thankful heart.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father through him." 
Colossians 3:17

Just wanted to share this little revelation with you. Keep smiling and be thankful!

No comments: